4 Reasons to choose Geothermal vs. Heating Oil
The price of fossil fuels that many use to heat their home has reached record highs.
A Fox News report found that price increases are here to stay and will continue to rise as winter heating demand spikes.
By installing Dandelion Geothermal, homeowners can combat high energy costs and eliminate the headache of heating oil deliveries. Here are 4 reasons why homeowners across the Northeast are choosing Geothermal Heat Pumps over Heating Oil:
1. Never worry about running out of oil again
Every homeowner who has a heating oil tank has to check in on their oil tank gauge to see how much oil is left, and think about when to order the next delivery.
With a geothermal heating & cooling system, which doesn’t require any fossil fuels, you’ll never need to worry about calling around for oil deliveries or running out.
2. Improve your indoor air quality
When you burn any fossil fuel in your home, whether that’s turning on the oven, the range, or your furnace you’ve probably noticed a change in air quality. That’s because turning on an oven or your furnace require the burning of fossil fuels, which emit gases like carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide.
A geothermal heating & cooling system doesn’t emit any gases in your home, because no combustion takes place inside your geothermal heat pump.
3. Enjoy a steady even heat
Traditional oil-burning heating systems need to produce high temperatures (above 120 degrees) to heat your home. A result of this is dry air inside of your home in the winter.
Geothermal can effectively heat your home with temperatures closer to 100 degrees. This reduces the dryness of the air inside your home.
4. Save up to 50% on your heating & air conditioning bills
Here is an example of a typical 2,500 square foot home in Cortlandt, NY with fuel oil heating and central air conditioning versus a Dandelion Home Geothermal Heating and Cooling System.
A geothermal system doesn’t need to use as high of a temperature to properly heat your home, which means you’ll notice a steady heat in the winter.
Home Heating Cost Savings
Home Cooling Cost Savings
Is geothermal a good option for your home? Click the button to find out.
- Dandelion Energy Celebrates New Tax Credit for New York Homeowners Who Install Geothermal Systems
- Dandelion Energy's Referral Program (Updated: April 2022)
- Join Dandelion for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to Celebrate the Opening of our New Long Island Warehouse
- Dandelion Energy Video Review From An Actual Homeowner
- Harvesting the Earth's Heat - Pique Action Micro-Documentary featuring Dandelion Energy