The categories of information we collect can include:
(1) Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, address, payment information, phone number, and e-mail address when you communicate with us over our Site, our software applications, social media pages, or by e-mail. We may also collect any information from or about you offline, such as when you communicate to the Company and its representatives over the phone or in person..
(2) Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
(3) Information about your residential geothermal system (your “System”) or your home when a contractor visits your home to conduct a site survey. We may collect information about your System, such as your installation date and serial numbers. We may collect information about your home, such as the configuration of your electric system and ductwork. We may collect data regarding where your System is installed and how it is configured.
(4) Information from your System, including data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your System. We may be able to connect to your System to diagnose and resolve issues with it. To facilitate the performance of your System, we may additionally collect and process data about the service history of your System, such as your name, component part identification numbers, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any complaints and any other information related to its service history.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site, your System, and related services, as well as to communicate directly with you, including to send you email messages and phone calls.
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share the information we collect from you or about you or your System with:
(1) Ourselves, to complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g. to process your payments, to install your System, to monitor your System’s performance and provide services related to your System, to develop and promote new products and services, to improve or modify our existing products and services, to analyze and improve the performance of our products and services and, for business purposes such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, and measuring our business activities.
(2) Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Company, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Company. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
(3) Third parties at your request;
(4) Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, which will usually be identified by name in the official rules of the contest or sweepstakes;
(5) Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf or in connection with the installation or maintenance of your System;
(6) Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings;
(8) We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual for any purposes, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications, or by contacting us directly at the email address below. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Data storage and transfer: The information we collect from you or about you or your System may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Site. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. If any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Site. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third parties.